16.12.06

Mummy's Corner - Ouch!

Qi has been crawling, standing, climbing and inevitably, falling. She is definitely a sportswoman in the making. Exactly like her father, she simply cannot get her butt on the seat for more than 5 minutes. I wonder if that means I have to give up on the idea of her being a violinist or a pianist.

Anyhow, a couple of days ago, while fidgetting in front of the coffee table, she fell and knocked her head on the side of the table. Ouch! It must have been a pretty hard knock because there was an apparent "dent" on top of her right brow.
I am not exaggerating...it really was a "dent". Can see or not?
Cannot see meh, but this is enough to scare the hell out of me. I tried, in vain, to pacify her as she bawled. I have to confess that I am guilty for not holding on to her tightly before her fall. I wanted to let her move around on her own. To "train" her to be independent.

Thank goodness, the "dent" disappeared shortly after. I was later told that it is common for babies to be involved with minor accidents like this as they gain mobility; no cause for alarm but I saw an urgent need to childproof the house.

So hours after the drama, I shifted the coffee table to the corner of the living room, leaving a large space between the TV console and the sofa for Qi to do all her yoga and gymnastics. It's definitely better to be safe than sorry.

3 comments:

Laura G. Young said...

Aw, what a cute little one. Glad she's OK!

Missy & Jav said...

ouch! i hope its not too painful for Qi. i dun see the dent lah. hey! i want Jav to grow up to be a violinist too! ;et's hope our lil' ones are musical-inclined.

Missy & Jav said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.